The Big Country (1958 film)
The Big Country: Retired wealthy sea captain Jim McKay arrives in the vast expanse of the West to marry fiancée Pat Terrill. McKay is a man whose values and approach to life are a mystery to the ranchers and ranch foreman Steve Leech takes an immediate dislike to him. Pat is spoiled, selfish and controlled by her wealthy father, Major Henry Terrill. The Major is involved in a ruthless civil war, over watering rights for cattle, with a rough hewn clan led by Rufus Hannassey. The land in question is owned by Julie Maragon and both Terrill and Hannassey want it. Preserved by the Academy Film Archive in partnership with The Film Foundation and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc. in 2006.
The Big Country Overview
|Category||Drama , Western , Romance|
|Production company||United Artists (US) , Anthony Productions (US) , Worldwide Productions (US)|
|Box office||3.5 million|
|Spoken language||English , Español|
The Big Country - FAQ
What are Categories of The Big Country ?
Category of The Big Country is Drama , Western , Romance
What are the Production companies of The Big Country ?
Production companies of The Big Country are United Artists (US) , Anthony Productions (US) , Worldwide Productions (US)
What is the Box office collection of The Big Country ?
Box office Collection of The Big Country is 3.5 million
What is the Original language of The Big Country ?
Original_language of The Big Country is en
What is the Run time of The Big Country ?
Run time of The Big Country is 2.767 Hour
What is Release date of The Big Country ?
Release date of The Big Country is 1958-09-30
- Gregory Peck as James McKay
- Jean Simmons as Julie Maragon
- Carroll Baker as Patricia Terrill
- Charlton Heston as Steve Leech
- Burl Ives as Rufus Hannassey
- Charles Bickford as Major Henry Terrill
- Alfonso Bedoya as Ramón Guiteras
- Chuck Connors as Buck Hannassey
- Chuck Hayward as Rafe Hannassey
- Buff Brady as Dude Hannassey
- Jim Burk as Blackie / Cracker Hannassey
- Dorothy Adams as Hannassey Woman
- Chuck Roberson as Terrill Cowboy
- Bob Morgan as Terrill Cowboy
- John McKee as Terrill Cowboy
- Slim Talbot as Terrill Cowboy
- Roddy McDowall as Hannassey Watchman (uncredited)
- Richard Alexander as Party Guest - Oceans (uncredited)
- Harry Cheshire as Party Guest (uncredited)
- Ralph Sanford as Party Guest (uncredited)
- William Hoehne Jr. as Lefty Hannassey cowhand (uncredited)
- Donald Kerr as Liveryman (uncredited)
- Chuck Hamilton as Party Guest (uncredited)